Friday, September 24, 2010

The night before cross

The bike is clean.

Race bag packed.

After some sleep, a breakfast of steel cut oats and coffee I'll be on the road to my first cyclocross race.

The past few years about the time the summer heat turns to crisp mornings and the leaves start to turn I've thought about trying cyclocross. This year things have worked out enough for me to give cross a go. Honestly, I'm not sure what to expect and I'm just a little terrified. After coming out of the winter overweight and slow, I showed up to the weekly road training rides. After spending half the summer hanging on the back and/or getting dropped I finally feel like the legs and lungs are working together enough I could push my body without completly crumbling and riding in alone at a crawling pace.
I'd like to think these hard rides have prepared me for this first cross race but I know there's not much in common in these two different efforts. So I go into this race with 3 objectives:

1. Have fun

2. Don't get hurt

3. Don't finish DFL.



Stay tuned for a full report.

No comments:

Post a Comment